12. Zhou W, McCollum MO, Levine BA, Olson MS. Role of plateletactivating factor in pancreatitis-associated acute lung injury in the rat. Am J Pathol 1992;140:971-9.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
13. Krawisz JE, Sharon P, Stenson WF. Quantitative assay of acute intestinal inflammation based on myeloperoxidase activity: assessment of inflammation in rat and hamster models. Gastroenterology 1984;87:1344-50.
14. Oz MC, FitzPatrick MF, Zikria BA, et al. Attenuation of microvascular permeability dysfunction in postischemic striated muscle by hydroxyethyl starch. Microvasc Res 1995;50:71-9.
15. Brazeal BA, Honeycutt D, Traber LD, et al. Pentafraction for superior resuscitation of the ovine thermal burn. Crit Care Med 1995;23:332-9.
16. Zikria BA, King TC, Stanford J, Freeman HP. A biophysical approach to capillary permeability. Surgery 1989;105:625-31.
17. Suval WD, Duran WN, Boric MP, et al. Microvascular transport and endothelial cell alterations preceding skeletal muscle damage in ischemia and reperfusion injury. Am J Surg 1987;154: 211-8.
18. Clough G, Michel CC, Phillips ME. Inflammatory changes in permeability and ultrastructure of single vessels in the frog mesenteric circulation. J Physiol (Lond) 1988;395:99-114.
19. Pascual JL, Ferri LE, Chaudhury P, et al. Hemorrhagic shock resuscitation with a low molecular weight starch reduces neutrophil-endothelial interactions and vessel leakage in vivo. Surg Infect (Larchmt) 2001;2:275-87.
20. Mulligan MS, Wilson GP, Todd RF, et al. Role of beta 1, beta 2 integrins and ICAM-1 in lung injury after deposition of IgG and IgA immune complexes. J Immunol 1993;150:2407-17.
21. Sillett HK, Whicher JT, Trejdosiewicz LK. Effects of resuscitation fluids on nonadaptive immune responses. Transfusion 1997;37: 953-9.
22. Nohe B, Burchard M, Zanke C, et al. Endothelial accumulation of hydroxyethyl starch and functional consequences on leukocyte-endothelial interactions. Eur Surg Res 2002;34:364-72.
23. Frevert CW, Huang S, Danaee H, et al. Functional characterization of the rat chemokine KC and its importance in neutrophil recruitment in a rat model of pulmonary inflammation. J Immunol 1995;154:335-44.
24. Harris JG, Flower RJ, Watanabe K, et al. Relative contribution of the selectins in the neutrophil recruitment caused by the chemokine cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractant (CINC). Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1996;221:692-6.
25. Liu SF, Ye X, Malik AB. Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate prevents I-kappaB degradation and reduces microvascular injury induced by lipopolysaccharide in multiple organs. Mol Pharmacol 1999;55:658-67.
26. Blackwell TS, Christman JW. The role of nuclear factor-kappa B in cytokine gene regulation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 1997;17:3-9.